On the flip side, the evidence screams loudly - God's design for families actually works! Consider the following, as compiled by The Heritage Family from sundry studies done on the subject:
- Children raised in intact families have, on average, higher academic achievement, better emotional health, and fewer behavioral problems.
- When compared with their peers from families with two biological parents, students who lived with neither biological parent scored lower with regard to the following:
- Academic performance
- Educational aspiration
- Sense of self determination and self-esteem
- Students living without any biological parent also exhibit more behavioral problems.
- Fathers of intact families spend, on average, more time with their children.
- Intact families are more likely to provide a safe home for children. Compared to peers in intact families, children in other family structures experienced significantly higher rates of exposure to domestic violence.
- Married fathers tend to have better psychological well-being. Divorced fathers were, on average, more depressed than their married counterparts, whether or not their children resided with them.
For most of us, this is to be expected. It comes as no surprise when we at Man Up and Go explain our core belief this way:
We believe that children benefit in every measurable way by the presence of a loving, committed father in the home.
As such, Man Up and Go is on the front lines in the fight against fatherlessness. The recipe for success has many layers, but ultimately, our main ingredient is inspiring men to “Man Up” to their responsibilities as husbands and fathers and GO and do something about fatherlessness. This is why we believe God has called us to provide high-impact, high-energy experiences and opportunities for individuals & organizations everywhere to join in the fight against fatherlessness.
Whether that is going on a trip, becoming a Champion, or donating financially, you can fight fatherlessness with us by clicking on one of the options below.