Overview of Man Up and Go
It may seem self-serving to talk about the impact of our missionary organization, but in reality, we share these numbers in utter deference to the One who is making them happen. Never in our wildest dreams did Man Up and Go plan to accomplish the following. But as the wisdom of Proverbs reminds us, "A man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps" (16:9).
All along, Man Up and Go has only desired to be obedient to Jesus' command to "go and make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19), in conjunction with the words of St. James - "Pure and undefiled religion is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress and keep oneself from being polluted by the world" (James 1:27). One door after another seemed to open up, and we, in faith and obedience, merely stepped through. God has seen fit to allow us to develop relationships with several godly pastors in Africa who desire to see the same thing we do - that men, women, and children would experience the hope of Jesus, and in doing so, put a major dent in the generational cycle of fatherlessness that has become so commonplace there. We want to see communities all over the world Man Up for orphans and widows.
With that as a caveat, here are some of the measurables that God has enabled and equipped Man Up and Go to accomplish since 2011:
- 22 Mission Trips (2011-17)
- 366 trip participants during that time
- 10 mid-to-long term missionaries in Africa, Nicaragua, Haiti, and South Africa
- Served 9478 children (many orphans), 1419 women (mostly single mothers)
- Conducted 14 Man Up Men's Conferences and ministered to 3604 men
- Conducted our first Woman Up Women's Conference and saw 170 women in attendance!
- Conducted 2 Man Up Soccer Tournaments with over 600 boys/men participating
- Treated over 2000 people in clinics on medical-emphasis trips
- The Gospel shared with over 6000 in various schools
- 14 children have been adopted by team members (with 2 more waiting referrals) from four different states - FL, MO, TX, VA
- Raised hundreds of thousands dollars to build schools, health clinics and ancillary facilities, wells for clean water, feeding programs, ministry compounds, church plants, ministry equipment, sustainability projects, school fees for children, investment in local business, and many more
- See our links here for more: Bethel Junior School, Super Saturday Feeding Program, Kerith Health Centre, Men's Empowerment program
- Provided 1903 bibles, many in native languages
- Donated 7000 lbs in clothes and shoes
- HOPE in the name of Jesus Christ shared in every conversation