It may seem self-serving to talk about the impact of our organization, but in reality, we share these numbers in utter deference to the One who is making them happen. Never in our wildest dreams did we plan to accomplish the following. But as the wisdom of Proverbs reminds us, "A man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps" (16:9).
All along, we have only desired to be obedient to Jesus' command to "go and make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19), in conjunction with the words of St. James - "Pure and undefiled religion is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress and keep oneself from being polluted by the world" (James 1:27). One door after another seemed to open up, and we, in faith and obedience, merely stepped through. God has seen fit to allow us to develop relationships with several godly pastors in Africa who desire to see the same thing we do - that men, women, and children would experience the hope of Jesus, and in doing so, put a major dent in the generational cycle of fatherlessness that has become so commonplace there. We want to see communities all over the world Man Up for orphans and widows.
With that as a caveat, here are some of the measurables that God has enabled and equipped us to accomplish since 2011:
- 19 Mission Trips (2011-16)
- 319 trip participants during that time
- 10 mid-long term missionaries in Africa, Nicaragua, and Haiti
- Served 9236 children (many orphans), 1410 women (mostly single mothers)
- Conducted 12 Man Up Men's Conference and ministered to 3508 men
- Conducted our first Woman Up Women's Conference and saw 170 women in attendance!
- Conducted 2 Man Up Soccer Tournaments with 392 boys/men participating
- Treated over 2000 people in clinics on medical-emphasis trips
- The Gospel shared with over 6000 in various schools
- 14 children have been adopted by team members (with 2 more waiting referrals) from four different states - FL, MO, TX, VA
- Raised over $200,000 for clean water projects
- Raised over $75,000 to build various schools, including Bethel Junior School, which provides education, clothes, and hot meals to almost 150 children
- Donated $60,000 in games, sport, school, and medical supplies
- Provided 1893 bibles, many in native languages
- Donated 6700 lbs in clothes and shoes
- Raised $24,000 for projects aimed at building sustainability (fish farm, tree farm, poultry, and others)
- Raised $7500 for a van (for both ministry partner & Man Up use in country)
- Helped initiate Super Saturday Feeding Program, providing over 270,000 nutrient-rich meals to children we serve
- Helped construct, fund, and open Kerith Health Centre
- Initiated pilot Men's Empowerment program in Jinja and are heavily investing in this initiative
- HOPE in the name of Jesus Christ shared in every conversation