(The following blog post is the last in a three-part series written by Man Up and Go Champion Jeff Ford. Read 3 Things to Know Before You Go and 3 Things to Expect from a Short Term Trip for the first two installments of this series.)
Once you’ve sought the face of God and understand your motive for wanting to serve Him, and once you know what to expect from a short term trip, then it’s time to GO!
Why Should I Choose Man Up and Go?
We understand your local church may do international mission trips, and if they do it well, we would love for you to hook up with them. But sometimes a smaller church or school doesn’t have the capacity or the ministry to which God is calling you. If that’s the case, then we invite you to join us on a future short term international mission trip. Here are five reasons you should go on a trip with Man Up and Go:
1. We’re going to live the Abundant Life together. You should only go on an international trip with us if you’re ready and willing to obey Jesus’ command in John 10:10: “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” We’re all about living life on mission. Living with purpose, living to LOVE BIG, and loving to live life to its fullest.
2. We’re going to challenge you. You’re not just going to sit and hold babies at an orphanage. YES, you probably will hold baby orphans, but you also might make necklaces side-by-side with ladies from the community, share your testimony to teenagers in a school, sing with children at a VBS, hug a Muslim, support a pastor in his attempt to alleviate material poverty in his community, maybe even arm wrestle a participant at one of our men’s conferences. (You may even conquer your fear of heights or raging class 5 rivers.) If you’re not ready to be stretched, you’re not ready for a Man Up mission trip.
3. We have a long history with the same ministry partners. We’re not a hit and run organization. We’re in it for eternal purposes. We’ve been to some partners as many as 10 times in the last 5 years, and we have no anticipation of slowing down. Partnering with us to further the Gospel and equip our brothers and sisters for ministry will have lasting effects for generations to come. Though you’ll be in in country for just a short period of time, your presence will make a long-term difference.
4. We have a great team of leaders. Everywhere we go in Africa and elsewhere, the same comment is made – “There’s something different about the Man Up team.” We’re not exactly sure what ingredients make up our success, but a big one is our leaders. All of our leaders have a certain “essence” that is contagious. They know how to LOVE BIG and bring the energy, insight, experience, and love for Jesus that will help you encounter God in a fresh way as you serve in His purposes.
5. We’ll equip you with everything you need to be successful. Fundraising, paperwork, vaccinations, waivers, spiritual prep, fundraising, packing, planning…did we mention fundraising? We know people stress about these things and we promise to help you navigate them with confidence. We strive to be excellent in all we do (Ecc. 9:10), and we’ll make sure you’re excellent too.
Ready to Man Up and Go? Man or women, boy or girl, we’re looking for missions-minded folks who want to set the world on fire with the BIG LOVE of Jesus Christ.