The past week was a crazy week.
- On Monday we had our bi-monthly Board Meeting.
- On Wednesday we launched our Man Up 100 Tampa new term.
- On Saturday we launched our Man Up 100 Springfield new term.
- And in between we submitted two grants that will help us serve more families in our Adopt a Family program.
- Our Jinja Cohort (Uganda), who recently lost our Coordinator, Pastor Roy (he moved back to Western Uganda), submitted their loan proposals for AMP and should hopefully receive their loans in the next week under the interim leadership of Pastor Andrew.
- Our Addis Ababa/Korah Cohort (Ethiopia) is ready to graduate enrollees to Phase 2 of AMP.
- We just received letters/updates from children enrolled in our child sponsorship program in the Dominican Republic, which went out to sponsors this past week.
All this while trying to make up for a lack of revenue for our partners who usually receive a bump due to the trips we take.
Whew! It’s definitely a lot. But no rest for the weary, as we look to enroll foster families into our Adopt a Family program this week both in Springfield (MO) and Tampa Bay. We had 24 total families last year, and this year we hope to enroll at least 44. To do that, we need enough men to step up and join the Man Up 100 so that we can service these families well.
Families in our Adopt a Family program receive services at least once a month from us, usually in the form of volunteerism from the men and/or their families in our program. Since the men are simply volunteering (not paid staff), it takes a lot of them to be able to bring more foster families into the Adopt a Family program.
So, with that in mind, will you pray? Pray God brings us the men ready to say “YES!” to His plan for their lives as it relates to Man Up, James 1:27, and the families we serve.
As always, we can’t thank you enough for praying. May the Lord bless you this week!
Jeff Ford, CEO
P.S. Please pass this email on to those who might be interested in praying with us each Monday. They can sign up to receive these emails here: https://manupandgo.org/pray127.